Senior Spotlight - Jacob Toledo
Monday, December 21st, 2020—Charismatic. Friendly. Talkative. With a passion for singing and a hidden talent of doing a Cher impression, this can only mean one Syracuse Academy of Science high school Senior Atom, Jacob Toledo! Check out our interview with Jacob and find out what are his goals after graduation, his advice to pass on to future Atoms and so much more. Without further ado, let us shine a spotlight for the month of January on Jacob Toledo.
Interview with Jacob Toledo
- What is one major accomplishment you had in your senior year of high school? Independently applying for college.
- What are your goals for after high school? My goals are to graduate from college, so I can be the first generation to graduate from college.
- Name one person that inspires you? AOC (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez)
- What advice would you give to the next senior class? Some advice I have for the next senior class is to do your FAFSA right away, ASAP! It is a race & you want to be the first to catch the bag.
- Where do you see yourself in five years? I see myself either writing for a magazine or a blog while living in NYC.
- If you could have dinner with any person living or dead who would they be and why? I would have to choose Malcolm X to have dinner with because I want to get his opinion on the direction. The BLM movement is going & he was an intellectual person so I'd love to just converse with him.
- Name three traits that describe you? Charismatic, Friendly & Talkative
- What is your favorite hobby? Singing
- What is a hidden talent that no one or only a few people know about you? A hidden talent that not many people know about is that I can do a mean Cher impression
- What is your favorite memory of SAS? My favorite memory has to be hands down when all the languages would go down to NYC. It was my favorite part of the year & every time we went I felt so alive.