Teacher Spotlight: Mrs. Clark
Friday, March 26th, 2021—Lace up those sneakers and grab a jar of Vegemite, as we get ready to share Syracuse Academy of Science high school’s next Teacher Spotlight. We had the opportunity to virtually interview, high school physical education and health teacher, Mrs. Clark. She shared with us a fun fact that would take us to the land down under, advice she gives to Atoms, as well as, her favorite book of all time, and much more. Read our interview below with high school physical education and health teacher, Mrs. Clark.
Interview with Mrs. Clark
- What three traits define you? Caring, Hard working, Persistent.
- What is your greatest accomplishment? It is still a work in progress, but raising my son and daughter to be smart, loving and caring individuals.
- Best book you have ever read? I'm going back to 10th grade English: To Kill a Mockingbird.
- What is one thing you cannot resist?(food/dessert/candy/etc.) Raisinets and Cheesecake!!
- If you could have dinner with one person living or dead who would they be and why? Gwen Stefani. She has been my idol ever since I was a kid. She is unique, strong, has incredible stage presence and just seems like a very chill person to talk to.
- What advice would you give to kids who are struggling at school? Keep your head up. We are all struggling but we need to be there for each other. And reach out if you are having a hard time. We are here to listen and help you get through this challenging time.
- Tell us, what is something that might surprise us about you? I lived in Australia for 4 months. When living in Australia, I skydived, swam in the Great Barrier Reef and went to the island where the movie "Castaway" was filmed. I also did a cross country trip across the States for 6 weeks and hiked over 100 miles on my journey.