Friday, May 14th, 2021—Syracuse Academy of Science high school invites you to celebrate the cultural diversity of our school and community on Friday, May 21st for World Culture Day. To celebrate, we are creating a map of our school community and our connections to other countries. Please see below more information on how students can participate.
How to Participate
- Students can add to our map by clicking here to share their connections with another country. These connections can include but are not limited to: countries they have traveled to, have lived, and have family.
Celebrating Cultural Diversity
- Students will also have an opportunity to share anything additional about the countries they have connections with. Below are some ideas and suggestions.
- Greetings from around the world - a short video of how to say “hello” in another language you speak.
- Fashion show - an image or video of you wearing traditional clothing
- Share what you know or conduct research on a culture. This can include language, music, dress, art, food, festivals, celebrations, dance.
- Submit an image or video of you/your family in a cultural celebration.
- Submit a recipe.