Welcome to Syracuse Academy of Science Charter School
New hire process for all newly hired employees
- Summer Institute / New Employee Orientation is mandatory for all instructional employees.
- Orientation takes place annually in August.
New Hire Process
The HR Coordinator listed below will contact you to schedule an appointment for completing new hire paperwork:
To begin the new hire process you will need to complete a new hire packet and verify your fingerprint clearance. Fingerprint clearance through NYSED is required. I will need to verify your clearance prior to your start date. This process includes fingerprinting which does have an upfront cost to you of $102.
The following link will take you to our third party vendor responsible for providing this service. When scheduling your appointment please remember to use the ORI Number: TEACH, so that your clearance may be confirmed.
Step 1: Completing New Hire Paperwork
You will be contacted to confirm a date and time to come to the District Office, 1409 W. Genesee ST, Syracuse, NY 13204, so you may sign your contract and new hire paperwork. This paperwork is used for a variety of reasons including payroll and state and federal tax reporting.
Please be prepared to bring the following when you come to sign your contract:
- TRS Number (if you are a current TRS member)
Copies of the following:
* Acceptable forms of ID for Form I-9
Once you have completed your new hire appointment you are eligible to begin work with the District on the date your Director or Dean has indicated to you. Welcome Aboard!
When you arrive at your campus on the first day, you will receive your computer access, classroom key and key fob.
CHECKLIST FOR NEW HIRES
- New Hire appointment scheduled
- Schedule fingerprint appointment
- Prepare documents (Certifications, Diplomas, Transcripts)
- Refer to I-9 List to prepare acceptable forms of ID
- Come in for scheduled appointment with HR Coordinator
- Review position expectations with Building Leader
- Confirm Start Date with Building Leader
CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE OFFICIALLY AN ATOM!