All members of the Syracuse Academy Family are encouraged to donate their time, talent and treasure to the Central New York community and beyond. An emphasis on community stewardship is imperative to developing successful global citizens and ensuring future generations a positive and productive environment.
- Food Bank of Central New York
- Hurricane Sandy Relief Efforts
- Onondaga County Parks
- Toys for Tots
- Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital
- V.A. Hospital
Syracuse Academy partners with organizations to provide students with an educational experience that goes well beyond the classroom. Through experiences with higher-ed institutions, corporate institutions and nonprofit organizations, students gain knowledge that complements and intensifies the academic experience.
- Empower Federal Credit Union
- Partners for Education in Business
/ MACNY where PBE provides speakers, job shadowing and internship opportunities as well as organizes a career fair.
- SUNY Oswego
Summer Science Immersion Program.The program held in July, provides students the opportunity to assist with research projects being conducted by undergraduate students and/ or graduate students in chemistry at SUNY Oswego. Students stay at the SUNY Oswego Campus and are housed in the dorms. The students get issued an ID card allowing them access to campus facilities and get at taste of the College Life. Each student also receives a stipend during the month.
- Syracuse University
Syracuse Academy of Science partners with the Mary Ann Shaw Center for Public and Community Service at Syracuse University. Through this partnership students form SU volunteer their time to visit our elementary school and help our students.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension
Our students are exposed to the 4-H program as well as the food and farming industry.
- 100 Blackman Saturday Academy.
SASCS is proud to work with 100 Blackman and provide its facilities for them to support the inner city Syracuse area youth.
Several local businesses and organizations have been generous in their support of our school, providing grants that enable us do the extra things that make the Syracuse Academy of Science Charter School so successful. But just as important as the financial contributions is the message behind the donations.
These donors share our vision of an effective, dynamic model of urban education and want to be part of what we are doing for Syracuse’s children each day. It’s an invaluable vote of confidence in our work and mission, and we are very grateful.
- CNY Biology Lab - $ 25,000
- CNY Community Foundation - $ 7,900
- Lockheed Martin - Robotics Program
- SRC - Syracuse Research Center - supported two times in a row the bricks for Kids
- Allyn Foundation - $ 10,000 for the Elementary School Library
- Stimulus Grant - $ 200,000 for the Elevator project at the High School Location
- Pathfinder - $ 5000 Robotics
- Barclay and Damon - $ 5000
- M&T Bank - $ 5000 Books for the Library
Syracuse Academy invites influential members of the community and beyond to be a part of the social and academic fabric throughout the year. Special guests are appreciated for their inspiring stories, and professional experience.
- Bill Smullen, Professor, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University
- James B. Steinberg, Dean, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University
- Dr. Timothy Eatman, Assistant Professor, Syracuse University School of Education
Business and Media
- Evelyn Carter, Director of Community Relations, Wegmans Food Markets
- Christie Casciano, Anchor, NewsChannel 9 and Author
- Mary Kate Intaglietta, Executive Director, Baltimore Woods
- Melanie Littlejohn, Regional Executive of Central New York, National Grid
- Ted Long and Amy Robbins, Radio Personalities, 93Q
- Jennifer Sanders, Reporter, NewsChannel 9
- Wayne Mahar, Chief Meteorologist, CNY Central
- Matt Stevens, Meteorologist, CNY Central
- Paul Tremont, President, SRC, Inc.
- Anthony S. Bottar, Vice Chancellor, New York State Board of Regents
- Ann Marie Buerkle, Former Representative
- John DeFrancisco, New York State Senator
- Bob Dougherty, Syracuse Common Councilor
- William Fitzpatrick, Onondaga County District Attorney
- Helen Hudson, Syracuse Common Councilor
- Dr. John B. King, Jr., Commissioner of Education and President of the University of the State of New York
- Dan Maffei, Representative
- Joanie Mahoney, County Executive
- Stephanie Miner, Mayor, City of Syracuse
- Bill Phillips, President, Northeast Charter Schools Network
- David J. Valesky, New York State Senator
- David Barrette, 1st
- Frank Fowler, Chief of Police, Syracuse Police Department
- Ret. Major General Robert A. Knauff
- Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency (OCRRA)
- Onondaga County Sheriff’s Department
- Syracuse Fire Department
- Deputy Chief, Syracuse Police Department