Friday, November 1, 2019—Middle school Atoms learned about the importance of the Amazon rainforest and the dangers it can face. Students expressed what they recently learned with a mixed media, impasto painting. They could show either a healthy rainforest or one that is in danger. The media used in this project consisted of the following.
- Handmade paper from past students
- Newsprint used from textbooks that were going to be recycled
- Plastic from grocery bags brought in from the students
- Streamers that were recycled from past events
- 690 branches picked up from the outdoors
Through this project it helped remind the students that it is important to take care of our planet.