Creativity Shines through with recent Art Project
Friday, November 1, 2019—Middle school Atoms learned about the importance of the Amazon rainforest and the dangers it can face. Students expressed what they recently learned with a mixed media, impasto painting. They could show either a healthy rainforest or one that is in danger. The media used in this project consisted of the following.
- Handmade paper from past students
- Newsprint used from textbooks that were going to be recycled
- Plastic from grocery bags brought in from the students
- Streamers that were recycled from past events
- 690 branches picked up from the outdoors
Through this project it helped remind the students that it is important to take care of our planet.