Teacher Spotlight: Mr. Dwyer
Friday, April 9th, 2021—It’s Friday, which means it’s time for Syracuse Academy of Science high school’s next Teacher Spotlight. We had an opportunity to virtually interview high school social studies teacher, Mr. Dwyer who shared with us a fun fact that has everyone guessing, his favorite book, advice for the Atoms and so much more. Read our interview below, as we shine our spotlight on high school social studies teacher, Mr. Dwyer.
Interview with Mr. Dwyer
- What three traits define you? Shy, Kind and Honest.
- What is your greatest accomplishment? This is an interesting question. I feel as though I accomplished many things however I feel like I have much more to fulfill.
- Best book you have ever read? The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.
- What is one thing you cannot resist?(food/dessert/candy/etc.) Peanut Butter Cookies.
- If you could have dinner with one person living or dead who would they be and why? There are so many people I would like to have dinner with. The list would go on forever. I would say I would like to have dinner with my current and former students. I would like to see what they have been up to since graduation and give advice to the current students.
- What advice would you give to kids who are struggling at school? Life has thrown us a curveball in the past year. With that each person is special and although this is a big bump in the road of life each of you are going to accomplish great things.
- Tell us, what is something that might surprise us about you? I went to high school with a soon to be major league baseball hall of famer.