Teacher Spotlight: Ms. Boller
Friday, February 26th, 2021—This next Teacher Spotlight is one you certainly don’t want to scroll past! Syracuse Academy of Science high school had an opportunity to virtually interview English teacher, Ms. Boller who shares some great advice for the Atoms, along with her favorite book, biggest accomplishment and oh so much more! Check out our interview below with high school English teacher, Ms. Boller.
Interview with Ms. Boller
- What three traits define you? Determined, Caring, and Helpful.
- What is your greatest accomplishment? My greatest accomplishment is graduating Syracuse University with honors.
- Best book you have ever read? The best book I have ever read is The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.
- What is one thing you cannot resist?(food/dessert/candy/etc.) One thing I cannot resist is chocolate chip cookies.
- If you could have dinner with one person living or dead who would they be and why? One person I would want to have dinner with would be Nic Stone because she is an excellent writer who likes to write about challenging issues for teenagers.
- What advice would you give to kids who are struggling at school? For students who are struggling I would tell them to reach out to their teachers. All your teachers are willing to help you, you just have to ask.
- Tell us, what is something that might surprise us about you? Something that might surprise you about me is that I won a writing contest while in middle school and was published in a teen writing anthology.