Parents/guardians are invited to attend a parent presentation at SAS High School (1001 Park Avenue, Syracuse, NY) on February 27th at 6:00PM.
This event will address the above safety topics from a parent’s perspective.
We encourage all parents to attend this informative presentation!
Parenting in the Digital Age and Social Media Awareness
1.5 hours with additional 15 minutes for questions
- Review of Kids Current Issues, Sites and Apps
- Teens and Social Media/ Technology
- Connectivity & Devices
- Digital Footprint and Detox?
- The New Definition of Bullying/Cyberbullying
- Structure of Technology? What Makes It Dangerous
- Social Networking: Age Restriction, Privacy and Security Settings
- Social Media Trends and Dangers
- Accidental Exposure & Pornography
- Cyber-Bullying-Online Aggression
- Psychological Fallout from Constant Connectivity and Exposure
- The Tech Talk-Laying Foundation
- How to Talk to Your Kids About the Internet
- Safe Search Engines and Techniques
- Tips/Solutions for Parents/Software
- What to do if there is an incident