To ensure a safe and productive learning environment for students, Syracuse Academy requires that policies and procedures are abided. If you have question regarding these policies and procedures please contact an administrator.
Students are expected to arrive to school in proper uniform. Students who arrive to school out of Dress Code will be immediately sent to the office for parent contact and will be able to return to class when in proper uniform.
Dress Code of Elementary School Students in grades K-4 for regular school days, students are to wear only:
- Khaki or Navy Blue slacks (No cargo pants, joggers, or others designs) or knee length khaki skirts or knee length or longer khaki dress shorts
- Light Blue polo shirts with school logo
- Any color of shoes (No flip-flops, open toe-shoes, or sandals)
*Students may wear any long sleeve shirt under their SANY Polo
Dress Code of Elementary & Middle School Students in grades 5-12 for regular school days, students are to wear only:
- Khaki or navy slacks, knee length skirts/dresses/shorts (No cargo pants, jeggings or others designs)
- SAS Atoms light blue polo shirts
- Any color of shoes (No flip-flops, open toe-shoes, or sandals.)
- Students may wear white, black, or gray long-sleeved shirts under their SAS Polo.
*Sweatshirts or hoodies are not permitted underneath the SAS polo.
In physical education classes, students in grades 5-12 must wear:
- SAS Atoms Gym T-Shirt
- SAS Atoms shorts or plain navy blue sweatpants
- Students who arrive to school out of Dress Code will be immediately sent to the office to call home and required to return in Dress Code
- Repeated dress code violations will result in a parent conference
- Students will only be able to “dress down” when that privilege is earned
- Students who do not return to school are considered as unexcused absence.
- No undergarments should be visible
- Wearing uniform inappropriately is considered a Dress Code Violation
- Hats, hoods and scarves are not to be worn in the building and will be considered a dress code violation
- Any outerwear not issued as part of the uniform cannot be worn in the building
- Dress down days will be announced to staff, students, and parents/guardians in advance and will not be a regular occurrence
- Students are required to wear stockings or leggings underneath all skirts.
- SAS dress code items can be purchased at The SAS Online Apparel Store
Additional Dress Code Requirements and Limitations
In addition to making sure you are wearing the school uniform, Syracuse Academy requires that you follow these additional guidelines in terms of uniform appearance and personal appearance.
- Jewelry should be appropriate for school and not attract undue attention. SANY Syracuse Schools reserves the right to decide on the appropriateness of jewelry
- Students may wear ONE pair of earrings to school that do not attract undue attention.
- Headbands should only be worn to hold back the hair.
- Cosmetics should be appropriate for school and not attract undue attention.
- The following items are not to be worn or brought into classrooms and should be removed and stored in lockers prior to students’ first class: Jackets, hats, caps, berets, scarves, bandanas and other headgear, winter hats, mittens and gloves.
- Uniforms may not be ripped, have holes, or have decorative alterations
Dress Down Days
- Shirts must include sleeves and be full length
- Shorts must be knee length
- Skirts must be knee length
- Undergarments must not be exposed
- No low cut shirts or tank tops are allowed
- Jeans may not be ripped or have holes
Absolutely none of the followings are permitted:
- Baggy or sagging slacks: Sagging bottoms are not permitted and displaying of undergarments is a violation of dress code. Those students whose bottoms do not rest appropriately at their waist should wear a belt.
- Skinny pants/jeans, skin tight, body-hugging materials
- Clothing made from a lycra or stretch material
- Jeans/denim fabric including dark wash
- Defacing of the Syracuse Academy uniform polo shirt by writing, cutting, tearing etc; those students whose uniforms have been defaced will be required to purchase a new one prior to returning to classes
- Rolling up the hem or sleeves of the Syracuse Academy uniform polo shirt
- Gym shorts or athletic wear including sweatpants and yoga pants
- No open shoes (toe and heel) such as slippers, sandals, flip flops, sliders, etc and high heel shoes
- Waist and/or hem should never be rolled to shorten length of skirt
- Hoods must be down at all times in the building (Not worn on head)
If a student is deemed to be dressed inappropriately on dress down days, he/she will be asked to correct their clothing choice to reflect the dress code; should the student refrain from changing his/her clothes, a parent/guardian will be called and the student will be sent home.