School Message: EBT Food Benefits Information
Thursday, June 16th, 2022—As the 2021 - 2022 school year closes, many families have inquired about Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT), Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT), and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
New York State continues to distribute P-EBT food benefits to all households with eligible children who receive free school lunches under the National School Lunch Act. Here are significant updates to the distribution as of Monday, June 13th, 2022.
- The Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) is distributing Summer 2021 P-EBT food benefits to eligible students that are NOT part of a SNAP or Public Assistance household.
- OTDA will continue distributing Summer P-EBT benefits in batches throughout June to eligible children in SNAP or Public Assistance households or who received their P-EBT food benefits for the 2020 -2021 school year on a Medicaid card.
- Each eligible student will receive $375 in food benefits.
- Recipient households should receive a text message alert when their food benefits are distributed. Families can check the website, www.connectebt.com, to see if the summer benefit was deposited.
- Nearly all eligible children throughout New York State who had their in-person attendance reduced during the 2020 - 2021 school year due to the pandemic have been issued their P-EBT food benefits. You can check your family's P-EBT food benefit transaction history by visiting www.connectebt.com or calling 1-888-328-6399.
As a school district, please note that we are not involved with distributing the EBT, P-EBT, or SNAP funds. All the necessary reporting was submitted at the beginning of the school year. Unfortunately, we do not have any additional information and cannot answer any parent calls regarding P-EBT; therefore, calls do not need to be forwarded to the District Office.
For any additional information, please visit www.connectebt.com or call 1-888-328-6399