Elementary Atoms Participate in Youth Art Month
Tuesday, March 1st, 2022—Syracuse Academy of Science elementary school celebrated Youth Art; a program started in 1961 by the Art & Creative Materials Institute, Inc. (ACMI) - cooperating with the NAEA - a program administered by the Council for Art Education (CAE). Schools participating in Youth Art Month each March focus on the following goals.
- Direct attention to the value of art education, which develops divergent and critical thinking skills, multicultural awareness, and technical communication and expressive skills.
- Increase community, business & governmental support for art education.
- Recognize that art is necessary for the full development of better quality of life for all people.
- Expand art programs in schools & stimulate new ones.
- Increase community understanding & interest in art & art education through involvement in art exhibits, workshops & other creative ventures.
- Provide additional opportunities for individuals of all ages to participate in creative art learning.
- Encourage commitment to the arts by students, community organizations & individuals everywhere.
- Recognize art education as a viable component in the comprehensive education curricula that develops citizens of a global society.
We invite you to click here to visit our Facebook page to view the complete art collection from the Syracuse Academy of Science elementary school Atoms. These projects are all one-of-a-kind and truly express the creativity and thought of each artist.