Dear SAS Family,
On behalf of the Board of Trustees and our staff, I wish you a very happy holiday season.
Food, toy, and donation drives held in October, November, and December at the elementary, middle, and high schools benefited organizations which helps thousands of families, friends, and neighbors in this season of giving.
- Elementary school donated total of 208 toys - 110 to the Vera House, and the rest to Toys for Tots.
- Elementary school were able to collect fifteen coats and one pair of snow pants. All donations will be given to children in need.
- Middle school donated 900 items of food to In My Father's Kitchen.
- Middle school donated 1000 items such as clothes, outerwear, and toys to the Syracuse Rescue Mission.
- Diversity club at high school has sponsored 2 orphans in Haiti with their donation of $800.
- SASCS teachers, staff, parents, and students got together on Donation Day to collect items from furniture to clothing and raise monetary funding for the house fire victims.
I am grateful for the generosity all of our families show throughout the year. Thank you for your support of our mission and the community.
I hope you enjoy the holiday break. Take this time to enjoy family and friends and celebrate the New Year. I am truly thankful to be a part of the lives of so many wonderful students and their families. I wish you and your family much health and happiness in 2017.
Dr. Tolga Hayali, Ed.D.
Syracuse & Utica Academies of Science Charter School