Senior Spotlight - Meenal Shojaian
Saturday, April 23rd, 2022—Already making history in her family, our next Senior Spotlight candidate is looking forward to inspiring the future generation of students by becoming a teacher. Syracuse Academy of Science high school is excited to share its 4th Senior Spotlight, Meenal Shojaian.
Don't forget to join us throughout the remainder of the school year as we highlight various members of the Class of 2022 with our Senior Spotlight series.
Interview with Meenal
- What is one major accomplishment you had in your senior year of high school? I am the first person in my family to get a full-ride scholarship to a private college.
- What are your goals for after high school? I want to go to college and get a certification in education.
- Name one person that inspires you? My 9th-11th grade English teacher, Ms. Ray
- What advice would you give to the next senior class? I sometimes know life is stressful, but trust the process, learn from your mistakes, and you'll grow and mature in time.
- Where do you see yourself in five years? I hope to see myself teaching while working hard for my master's degree.
- If you could have dinner with any person living or dead, who would they be and why? I would have dinner with my past self to tell her not to worry because everything would work out the way I had intended.
- Name three traits that describe you? Optimistic, Reliable, Gregarious
- What is your favorite hobby? My two favorite hobbies are reading and finding new music.
- What is a hidden talent that no one or only a few people know about you? I can't think of any. I honestly don't think I have one.
- What is your favorite memory of SAS? My after-class conversations with my 11th-grade History teacher, Mr. Cummings.