Staff Spotlight: Mrs. Bartelli
Friday, January 29th, 2021—As we get ready to shine the spotlight on our next esteemed staff and faculty member of Syracuse Academy of Science High School, we just wanted to give a quick shout out for all the hard work she has done this year. To some you may just be a counselor, but to the Atoms at SAS you are a hero. Without further ado, let us shine the spotlight on high school counselor, Mrs. Bartelli. Please check out our interview below.
Interview with Mrs. Bartelli
- What three traits define you? Empathetic, Conscientious, Optimistic.
- What is your greatest accomplishment? Completing my Master's Degree in School Counseling at Syracuse University.
- Best book you have ever read? Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
- What is one thing you cannot resist?(food/dessert/candy/etc.) Hot fudge sundae
- If you could have dinner with one person living or dead who would they be and why? President Lincoln, so that I can learn more about his ability to persevere while attempting to lead this country through the Civil War, preserving the Union, and issuing the Emancipation Proclamation.
- What advice would you give to kids who are struggling at school? Never give up and always do your very best! Know that everyone experiences struggles at some point in their life. Ask for help if you need it, and trust that everyone at SAS is willing to help you succeed.
- Tell us, what is something that might surprise us about you? I used to be an Associate Research Scientist for Bristol Myers Squibb Co.