Teacher Spotlight: Mr. Bility
Friday, February 12th, 2021—Syracuse Academy of Science high school had an opportunity to virtually interview building substitute teacher, Mr. Bility who has one incredible story you certainly don’t want to miss. One of nine children, Mr. Bility is a first-generation college graduate and immigrant. He also is a co-head boys soccer coach with his twin brother. Check out our interview below with high school building substitute teacher Mr. Bility.
Interview with Mr. Bility
- What three traits define you? Hard working, Energetic, Enthusiastic.
- What is your greatest accomplishment? Being a first generation immigrant to obtain a college degree in my family.
- Best book you have ever read? Walk Towards The Rising Sun by Ger Duany.
- What is one thing you cannot resist?(food/dessert/candy/etc.) My mom's cooking.
- If you could have dinner with one person living or dead who would they be and why? My grandfather. He taught me everything I know about the importance of family.
- What advice would you give to kids who are struggling at school? I will tell them to reach out to their teachers and classmates. "It takes a village to raise a child," and the same goes for education. We must seek help from each other.
- Tell us, what is something that might surprise us about you? My twin brother and I are the number 8 of the 9 kids my mom had. All born and raised in Africa.