Tuesday, August 17th, 2021—Dear Science Academies of New York Staff, Parents and Guardians,
Sunday, August 15th, 2021—It’s ‘Back-to-School’ season, Atoms and you know what that means? It’s time to share your official 2021 - 2022 School Supply List. Please click here to view the list of supplies needed for your Atom for this upcoming school year. Enjoy the rest of your summer Atoms, we look forward to seeing you in September!
Tuesday, August 10th, 2021—Syracuse Academy of Science Charter School is seeking input from our stakeholders in regards to the American Rescue Plan. On March 11, 2021, the President signed into law the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA). ARPA makes available $122.8 billion nationally for Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief funds. We want to hear from you with suggestions on how to utilize this funding to best support our students.
Please click here to complete this survey as soon as possible.
Please note, Syracuse Academy of Science will be holding an ARPA Public Meeting on Monday, August 16th at its elementary school location at 2:30 PM. We hope you can join us!
Dear SANY parents, students, staff, and other interested parties,
Please note that the 2021-22 Science Academies of New York (SANY) District Level School Emergency and Safety Plan is available for public comment. The electronic copy of the plan is available below:
Please note if you want to make any comments please write an e-mail to SANY District Safety Coordinator Dr. Meho Buljubasic at
Friday, August 6th, 2021—One of the best ways to start your day is finding out that you can receive a free book with a purchase of Kellogg’s product. Kellogg's Feeding Reading program is about fueling minds and bodies for school success, and has collaborated with Penguin Random House to offer one free book with a purchase of a box of Kellogg's products. Books can either be kept to add to your own personal library or could be donated to a school in need. Please see the details below on how you can receive your free book today!
How to Participate
- Purchase a Kellogg's product between now and 09/30/21. Click here to view a list of participating Kellogg’s products.
- Take a picture of your receipt and click here to log it in to the website. Receipts must be submitted 14 days after purchase, and no later than 10/14/21.
- Receipts will be approved to earn credit to redeem for a book of your choice to keep or donate. Credits must be redeemed by 10/31/21. A limit of 6 books per participant. Click here to view the Penguin Random House book catalog. Book categories range from: Beginner, Middle and Teen.
Wednesday, August 4th, 2021—We promise there are still a few more weeks of summer, but we have to share this important announcement regarding the 2021 - 2022 academic year.
It’s time to print out and hang on your fridge the official Syracuse Academy of Science 2021- 2022 Academic Calendar! Stay up to date with the official school holidays, important dates, latest announcements and much more. Please note the First Day of School is Wednesday, September 8th. Click here to view and download the 2021 - 2022 Academic Calendar. Enjoy your summer, Atoms we look forward to seeing you in September!
Friday, July 30th, 2021—With the first day of school just around the corner, now is a great time to check your student’s closet and see if their school uniform still fits, or if ... it's time to purchase a new one!
- Click here to begin your school uniform order process.
- Select the item(s) you would like to purchase, and checkout.
- Just The Right Stuff will email you when your order is ready to ship. Your order may take up to 14 work days to ship. Please note that all purchases are final. If you have any questions about your order please email
Thursday, July 17th, 2021—Over the past few years, Syracuse Academy of Science Deans Pamela Smith & Meghan Miller collaborated with SANY consultant, Patricia Schmidt, who researched and wrote a book which illustrates the power of culturally responsive teaching and learning as it becomes embedded in the New York State Education Curriculum. This book is called, Authentic Voices: Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learning.
Over the years, educators, families, and community members contributed to this unique program with the goal of enhancing learning environments by applying the languages and cultures of their students in their classrooms. Strong, carefully attentive, school leadership encouraged culturally responsive teaching & learning with the belief that children in this urban, economically stressed area could demonstrate significant academic and social/emotional gains.
A CRTL Montage was created for this book. It includes classrooms, children, teachers, family, and community members. Teachers collected CRTL experiences and presented them to Producer, Dean Meghan Miller and Director, Designer, Dean Pamela Smith. They also received support for the montage from Instructor Allen Lauricella & Graduate Assistant Elizabeth Kenny, Syracuse University, Newhouse School.
Readers of this book will witness culturally responsive lessons, family interviews, and whole school events that honor languages and cultures represented in the school. Sample classrooms’ culturally responsive lessons tied to the curriculum, are presented. Additionally, qualitative and quantitative student academic and affective gains are analyzed. Moreover, this book clearly demonstrates the talents, vision, and compassionate care given to children and their families by exceptional educators.
Tuesday, July 6th, 2021—Attention Syracuse Academy of Science Families: We will begin our Summer Meals Program starting on Tuesday, July 6th through Friday, August 13th. Please click here for additional information regarding meal pick-up locations and times - please note that each location has varying hours of operation. To find out which site is closest to you, please text FOOD to 877-877, or call (315) 435-4207 with any questions.
Also, please click here to view additional meal locations throughout New York State.
Breakfast and Lunch Menu
- Please click here to view the Summer Meals Breakfast Menu.
- Please click here to view the Summer Meals Lunch Menu.
- There will be daily meal alternatives of:
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich with fresh baby carrots.
- Cheese Sandwich with fresh baby carrots
- 1% Milk, Skim white milk, or Fat-Free Chocolate milk will be made available daily.
- There will be daily meal alternatives of:
- Weekend grab bags will be served Thursday at all sites for Saturday and Sunday Consumption. Weekend grab bags will consist of the following items:
- Tortilla Chips with Salsa
- Cheese sauce
- Nutri-Grain Bar
- Wango Mango Juice
- Sunbutter Cup
- Graham Crackers
- Milk variety
Friday, June 18th, 2021—In observance of Juneteenth, there will be no school on Friday, June 18th. Classes will resume on Monday, June 21st.
Juneteenth is the commemoration of the end of slavery in the United States. The origins of the commemoration date back to June 19th, 1865, when enslaved African Americans in Galveston, Texas first heard that the Civil War had ended, and they were free. Juneteenth gets its name from a combination of June and nineteenth and is also known as Black Independence Day, Juneteenth Independence Day, and Emancipation Day.
Enjoy your long weekend, Atoms!
Monday, June 14th, 2021—Attention Syracuse Academy of Science Middle School families:
The 2020 - 2021 school yearbooks are available to order today! Yearbooks can be purchased by clicking here or by visiting the Jostens' link in your student's Google Classroom. Please note, supplies are limited. Please see below for additional ordering details.
2020 -2021 School Yearbook Ordering Details
- Cost: $19.44
- Last Day to Purchase: 06/22/2
- Delivery: Yearbooks will be delivered to Syracuse Academy of Science Middle School for you to pick up.
- Link: http://jostensyearbooks.com/?REF=A01127085