Thursday, May 27th, 2021—New York State has launched its new vaccination scholarship incentive program called, 'Get a Shot to Make Your Future.' Students who are between the ages of 12 -17 and are have received the COVID-19 vaccine, can enter for a chance to win a full scholarship to a SUNY or CUNY school.
- Tuesday, June 15th
- Tuesday, June 22nd
- Tuesday, June 29th
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021—Syracuse Academy of Science elementary school's 2020 - 2021 yearbooks are now available to be purchased. Please note there is a limited supply of yearbooks. If families are interested in purchasing a yearbook for their student(s), please visit Syracuse Academy of Science elementary school’s main office, while supplies last.
Monday, May 31st, 2021—Memorial Day honors those who made the ultimate sacrifice serving in the country's armed forces. There will be no school on Monday, May 31st in observance of Memorial Day. Tuesday, June 1st is a Contingency Snow Day, there will be no school. Classes will resume on Wednesday, June 2nd. Enjoy this long weekend, Atoms!
Friday, May 28th, 2021—Attention, families: As Memorial Day weekend approaches, please be reminded that there will be No School on Friday, May 28th, Monday, May 31st (Memorial Day) and Tuesday, June 1st.
Friday, May 28th and Tuesday, June 1st are contingency snow days. Enjoy this long extended Memorial Day weekend, Atoms!
Monday, May 10th, 2021—Syracuse Academy of Science high school is hosting a TikTok Celebrity Impersonation Contest that is running now through Friday, May 28th. All students are welcome to participate in this contest. Please see below for information regarding the contest details, rules, and how to sign up.
How to Register
Students can sign up in the Daily Attendance Google Classroom or by clicking here.
Students who wish to participate in the TikTok Celebrity Impersonation Contest will have an opportunity to impersonate their favorite celebrity by performing one of the following options.
- Telling Jokes
Students can act out a scene from their favorite movie, sing or rap like one of their favorite artists (you don't have to sound like them), the sky's the limit!
The judges for the TikTok Celebrity Impersonation Contest will be composed of students who have elected to not participate in this event. Video entries will be judged on the following criteria.
- Entertainment Level
- Videos must be school appropriate.
- Inappropriate actions, language or gestures will not be tolerated. This includes and is not limited to: the use of foul language, sexist or racist jokes, drug or alcohol references, middle finger.
- Participants must wear proper attire (i.e. fully clothed).
- Participants must be of the student submitting or a fellow SANY classmate.
- Videos should be 3 minutes or less.
- The last day to submit your entry to the TikTok Celebrity Impersonation Contest is Friday, May 28th.
- Winners will be announced on Friday, June 4th.
Entries that do not follow these rules will automatically be disqualified.
Tuesday, May 11th, 2021—Syracuse Academy of Science Charter School announces its two Contingency Snow Day dates for Friday, May 28th and Tuesday, June 1st. There will be no school for the Atoms and staff. Enjoy your long weekend, Atoms!
Friday, May 14th, 2021—Syracuse Academy of Science high school invites you to celebrate the cultural diversity of our school and community on Friday, May 21st for World Culture Day. To celebrate, we are creating a map of our school community and our connections to other countries. Please see below more information on how students can participate.
How to Participate
- Students can add to our map by clicking here to share their connections with another country. These connections can include but are not limited to: countries they have traveled to, have lived, and have family.
Celebrating Cultural Diversity
- Students will also have an opportunity to share anything additional about the countries they have connections with. Below are some ideas and suggestions.
- Greetings from around the world - a short video of how to say “hello” in another language you speak.
- Fashion show - an image or video of you wearing traditional clothing
- Share what you know or conduct research on a culture. This can include language, music, dress, art, food, festivals, celebrations, dance.
- Submit an image or video of you/your family in a cultural celebration.
- Submit a recipe.
- Please note that all submissions are due by Friday, May 14th to your teacher or to Ms. Carlson
Monday, May 10th, 2021—Syracuse Academy of Science National Honor Society is hosting an Among Us Tournament on Monday, May 10th through Thursday, May 13th. All high school students are welcome to compete in the tournament. Please see below for information regarding tournament details, rules, prizes and of course how to sign up!
How to Register
- Students can sign up in the Daily Attendance Google Classroom or by clicking here.
- The Competition starts on Monday, May 10th and will run through Thursday, May 13th. The finals will be held on Friday, May 14th.
- The matches will be scheduled from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM on their respective day.
- Each round will include 7 participants and 1 host. The first 4 successful imposters will move on to the next round. Brackets will be made available after posting and sign ups.
- Participants will be given a code for their match --- We ask that participants DO NOT share their code.
- Participants will join with their first name only, no nicknames. (Account >>>Change Name)
- No Cheating!
- We ask that all participants remain respectful to one another. There is a zero tolerance for disrespectful chat entries.
- Participants must arrive on time, matches will start promptly.
Any failure to follow these rules is grounds for removal from the tournament and automatic disqualification.
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place. The prizes include the following:
- 1st Place: Large Snack Basket and 2021 - 2022 Dressdown Pass
- 2nd Place: Medium Snack Basket and 2021 - 2022 Dressdown Pass
- 3rd Place: Small Snack Basket and 2021 - 2022 Dressdown pass
- 4th Place: 2021 - 2022 Dressdown pass
- Around 1 billion people take part in Earth Day activities around the world every year.
- April 22 was chosen as the date for Earth Day because it fell between Spring Break and final exams, and organizers wanted to maximize student involvement.
- Gaylord Nelson, a senator from Wisconsin, founded Earth Day in 1970 to raise public consciousness about environmental concerns such as pollution, oil spills and vanishing wildlife.
- Twenty million Americans, or about 10 percent of the country’s population at the time, took part in events and demonstrations on the first Earth Day.
Wednesday, March 31st, 2021—Syracuse Academy of Science Alumni and former Guard for the Atoms, Symir Torrence announced yesterday that he would be trading in his Marquette Golden Eagles jersey for a Syracuse Orange jersey. That's right, the Syracuse native will be moving back home to play for legendary ACC coach Jim Boeheim at Syracuse University. Spectrum News had an opportunity to catch up with Symir at his old turf, or should we say court as Symir practiced his jump shots and shared how excited he is to join Orange Nation, and is looing forward to playing basketball in the Carrier Dome. Click here to watch Spectrum News' interview with Symir Torrence. Congratulations Symir, and welcome back home!
Wednesday, March 31st, 2021-Syracuse Academy of Science high school Alumni Symir Torrence announced today that he will in fact be moving back home and playing basketball with legendary ACC head coach, Jim Boeheim. Symir played two seasons with Marquette University and will have three seasons of eligibility with the Syracuse University Orange. Click here to read the full article from Syracuse.com. Congratulations, Symir and welcome home!